I’ve been getting a lot of invites to learn how to cut your grocery bill in half, and extreme couponing. I understand that in a certain financial situation coupons will definitely help save money and allow you and your family to survive. To me, there is a difference in surviving and thriving.
- to prosper; be fortunate or successful.
- to grow or develop vigorously; flourish: The children thrived in the country.
- to remain alive after the death of someone, the cessation of something, or the occurrence of some event; continue to live: Few survived after the holocaust.
- to remain or continue in existence or use: Ancient farming methods still survive in the Middle East.
- to get along or remain healthy, happy, and unaffected in spite of some occurrence: She’s surviving after the divorce.
There is only 1 reason why I don’t clip coupons.
NUTRITION- What nutritional value do Oreos, Toaster Streudel and Digiorno Pizzas have? The side of the carton will tell you one thing, but the ingredients alone could tell you another. What are the real food ingredients in the items that you are getting for practically nothing? Before you buy:
- Do you recognize the ingredients?
- Would your great-grandmother recognize them as ‘food’?
- Are there fruit or vegetables listed, or just concentrates?
- Sugar or High Fructose Corn Syrup?
I challenge you to read the ingredients before you buy. Really know the food you are feeding yourself and your family. Are we just eating to get along or to really prosper?